ON A MISSION FOR
Mind | Body | Spirit
Meditation and mindfulness go hand in hand and have become a long lasting buzzword. Explore simplified techniques to guide you and help develop a practice that can be utilized beyond the doors of our studio.
yoga + stretch
Over 20 years of dance experience and extensive kinesiology training has set a strong foundation of appreciation of the physical body. Everyone can benefit from yoga!
Well-being is a top priority, especially in today’s health climate. Mental health awareness is on the rise and our compassion and empathy is extending further and further each day. Taking care of yourself emotionally and physically is no longer taboo.
Rhonda is an Energy Practitioner whose main focus is to support her students in Soul-Aligned living.
With her 20+ years experience in Dance Training and Intelligent Movement, Rhonda’s Yoga classes offer a playful and compassionate way to appreciate your body.
Considered a hidden gem on the Burin Peninsula of Newfoundland, Rhonda’s studio is a whole world of it’s own. Her classes are filled with encouragement and laughter, and are often tailored to support the needs of each group.
- 200 hours Hatha Yoga
- 20 hours Yin Yoga
- 85 hours Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga
- 20 hours Trauma Informed Yoga
- Reiki Levels I and II
- Viniyoga – neck and shoulder
- Pelvic floor health
- Ayurveda – menopause and women’s health
- Beautiful You – Facial acupressure and GuaSha massage
- Yoga Therapy for Anxiety
Payments must be made prior to class online, unless specified.
Participants must register in advance, no drop-ins.
If we need to cancel a class due to weather, we will notify class registrants at least 2 hours prior to class start time. If you have pre-registered, you will receive an email notification. We will also be posting updates on Facebook and Instagram.
- Please remove shoes at entry and store in the back of the room with all other personal belongings. Studio space is limited, and clutter can be visually distracting.
- Turn cell phones to vibrate or off.
- Be mindful of scents and noise level. We must respect the peacefulness of the space and our participants.
- With multiple classes throughout the day, please arrive on time to allow time to settle into space. Doors will open 10 minutes prior to start time.
More about meditation
Meditation is a set of techniques that are intended to encourage relaxation, self-awareness and focused attention. It is a conscious interaction between body and mind that is a practical means to calm the mind, let go of biases, and seeing openly and clearly.
Some immediate benefits of meditation include:
- aids in stress reduction by reducing cortisol (stress hormone)
- increases serotonin and dopamine (happy hormones)
More about Yoga
Myth – Yoga studios are as popular as coffee shops. Yoga is simply an exercise program that includes spandex clothing, laying on the floor, and stretching.
Truth – Yoga is an ancient philosophy dating back as far as 5000 years ago in India.
Yoga can be seen as a systematic method of developing self-awareness and a path to liberation.
In the Western World, we see many studios having very similar qualities, yet advertising a plethora of classes.
Multi-faceted – mind, body, spirit, tradition. The #1 Goal in this method is to learn to listen to the body.
With Method Yoga, there is a 3 Step approach:
- Anatomy – understand and utilize body’s structure of function
- Alignment – clear understanding of poses and benefits to personal practice
- Accessibility – providing options to ensure all benefit from class, using props, pose variations, tailored classes suitable to needs
Self-Discovery = Self-Acceptance = Self Esteem and Confidence
What is Stretch Therapy?
Manual Stretch Therapy is where I stretch targeted areas of your body to improve joint mobility, range of motion, and ease pain related to muscle tension.
Officially, this therapeutic assisted stretching technique was developed by Masters-level stretching and musculoskeletal experts. It uses principles of active and dynamic stretching to provide the most effective, thorough and safe stretch, completely customized to the needs of any body.
I’ve been certified in Manual Stretch Therapy, so rest assured, you’re in good hands.
More about Reiki
What is Reiki?Japanese word “Rei” (universal) and “ki” (energy) The act of laying hands as an attempt to calm the body in hopes to heal the energy of mind, body, and spirit. Human touch conveys warmth, serenity and healing, while deep relaxation allows energy to move and stir energy channels and centres, creating a harmonized flow of “ki”. This increases relaxation and promotes energy to flow throughout the body so it is able to attend to healing. Benefits:
- mind body awareness and connection
- helpful in emotional and physical pain
- promotes overall health and well-being
Reiki ChecklistOnce you book your Reiki session, you’ll receive a brief checklist so you can get the most out of your session:
- Make sure you have submitted your booking deposit of $20. This will come off your final balance the day of your session.
- Arrive at least 5 minutes early to ensure you are allowing the time it takes to energetically prepare for your session.
- Dress comfortably, and silence your cell phone – this time is for you!
- The last 5 to 10 minutes is open for discussion, or to allow for alone time – the choice is yours.
- Keep an open mind and understand that Reiki experiences are different for everyone. Most often, a first session will offer relaxation.
- Like all wellness services, multiple Reiki sessions are required before long-term benefits can be felt.