Due to Covid-19, we will be opening up our new studio a little later than anticipated. In the meantime, feel free to familiarize yourself with our classes and get in touch if you have any questions.
About Method Yoga
"Yoga isn't about looking a certain way, it's about FEELING a certain way."
Rhonda Scott teaches body movement to people of ages and abilities so they can feel more confident in their own skin and carry that confidence into other areas of their lives.
She has been a dancer in many disciplines her whole life, and has been teaching for more than 20 years. While living in Nova Scotia about 16 years ago, Rhonda discovered yoga, and felt that perhaps this was the next step in her life’s journey.
When she moved back to Newfoundland a few years later, she brought with her a brand new enthusiasm to study yoga. She studied with Bobby Bessy and Meaghan Burridge, and graduated from Shakti teacher training in 2015. Rhonda now teaches Yin, Prenatal, Hatha, Chair, and Kids’s yoga.
For the last 11 years, Rhonda has been teaching dance and yoga from her studio in Grand Bank, Newfoundland. You may have heard of Peninsula Dance Studio or Yoganago Yoga – that’s her!
Rhonda believes that no matter how you use yoga, an instructor must always meet people where they’re at.
When we feel powerful or successful in our bodies, we tend to also feel powerful and successful in our lives. This mind-body connection through yoga boosts our confidence and develops our self-worth. For these reasons, Method Yoga’s classes cater to people of all ages and abilities. It is Rhonda’s primary goal to make sure each participant leaves the space feeling better than when they walked in.
With her background in dance, Rhonda is able to instruct with an eye on body mechanics, intelligent and functional movement. Paired with smaller class sizes, this makes the Method Yoga studio a safe place to move, strengthen, and empower participants.
- Our #1 mandate is that “yoga isn’t about looking a certain way, yoga is about feeling a certain way”
- Method Yoga helps people get to know their body with practical, functional movements. Understanding alignment, body mechanics people take their practice into their own hands.
- Repetitive practices>muscle memory>developing mind body connection>understanding of body>acceptance>resiliency and confidence.
Payments must be made prior to class online, unless specified.
Participants must register in advance, no drop-ins.
If we need to cancel a class due to weather, we will notify class registrants at least 2 hours prior to class start time. If you have pre-registered, you will receive an email notification. We will also be posting updates on Facebook and Instagram.
We must have a minimum of 3 participants enrolled to hold classes. Block sessions are preregistered, and include all kid’s classes, parent/child or specialty classes (chair, prenatal, etc.)
- Please remove shoes at entry and store in the back of the room with all other personal belongings. Studio space is limited, and clutter can be visually distracting.
- Turn cell phones to vibrate or off.
- Be mindful of scents and noise level. We must respect the peacefulness of the space and our participants.
- With multiple classes throughout the day, please arrive on time to allow time to settle into space. Doors will open 10 minutes prior to start time.